Wednesday, January 23, 2008

BUSY DAY

I am tired. Tomorrow I am going to take pictures for the blog of my two little kiddos along with my little nephew. He is soooo adorable.

Blake had today off and we had so many things to wrap up. I am having a hard time focusing on all this alone because it is so danged confusing for me.

BUT we are up to something...... Hopefully I can post more information on that soon. I am sure all of my family is thinking, "Oh no are they going to adopt AGAIN?"

Blake also helped me make major decisions today. We are in the process of thinking about a home loan for all the remodeling we have put off due to three adoptions in three years.

So today's decisions that he made for me; it is so much easier that way.

1- We are doing the away with the dining room and growing our kitchen to about four times its size. That makes me happy although it has been a painful decision of about five months. This will open up a wide area. Our kitchen now is like a galley kitchen, sort of but not really and space it tight to walk around in. We are hoping to get the kitchen designers in next week. YEAH

2- We are now thinking about a new van. Again, I was supposed to have this done by now but with the PGN kick out I have a little longer. I can't see me driving around in one of those 12 seater vans but I haven't found a good alternative for 8 passengers yet. We really want something that everyone can fit into once in a while.

3- I am going to order Anabeli the bed we like on Pottery Barn in the next week or so. I have liked this bed but continued to put it off in hopes I would find something similar at a yard sale this summer. What a hassle. Sometimes I waste too much time thinking and not enough time doing.

4- We finally have the bathroom laid out enough we can get back with the builder on that. Oh my word, this has been such a major deal for me.

5- We bought groceries which was an eye opening experience for Blake. He hasn't had much pleasure of grocery shopping with M and A. I think he was worn out. All he did was push the cart and hold Marvin's hand! I find it so funny that he gets so tired from what I do almost every day. Welcome to my LIFE.

But seriously he has been such a help for me. I tend to not see the forest for the trees and all this planning junk just gets constantly shifted to the back burner. He made me sit down and think today and make a few decisions and goals. Some days I have to wonder about myself. It was also nice just to sit and talk for a change.

We went to Panera Bread (YUM) for lunch and I met another adoptive mom from China. She was really nice and easy to talk to so we exchanged phone numbers. It will nice to have someone who understands a little of this process to talk to in my own back yard. She is also "older" like me and it is refreshing to see I am not the only"oldest mom in the group". Happens a lot with Sam in elementary school and to think I still have three behind him.

Thank God for a husband who is willing to look over my fault of not getting things done. It was nice to know he was willing to jump in today and help me organize my thoughts. What a disorganized mess my brain is sometimes. :)

1 comment:

Amy said...

Praying for you Cindi! It will be so nice to get all those new things accomplished in your house. Amy