Friday, April 4, 2008

I AM NOW A THIEF

It has taken me forever to get caught up enough to sit and post. I have lots of pictures from Easter, our trip to Indianapolis and other things.

Right now I am sitting here stewing. I am now a thief. Just another thing to add to my resume.
I have this junky little cord that hooks from my camera to my computer. It came with the camera and it is easy to use when it works. So we had two when we bought cameras. I promptly lost one within a week or two.

Don't ask me how or where but it is gone and has been for a year. So that left one that I guarded with my life. Only Ann and I download pictures so when I couldn't find it I asked her. She hasn't downloaded pictures since January. So I lost number two. I have turned my office head over heels and I can't find it.

I wanted so much to cry and then I remembered Blake bought a new camera last year and I knew where he put his cord. He hid it when I lost cord #1. So while he was busy tonight I stole it out of his nightstand. I just hope and pray I don't lose it or I am DEAD. I was told to leave it in the box. (I listen so well) Hopefully I will find mine real soon. My rationale is he never uses it so why can't I? See all criminals can justify what they have done. :)

So anyway I wanted to update tonight and hopefully download pictures tomorrow.

I found a "new" favorite song. I am sure it is older but I was listening to the Christian station on the car radio last week and they played Casting Crowns "East to West". I think it has to be the best song for my life right now.

For those of you who don't know it, it talks about how are sins are cast as far as east is to west and asks how far that is.

My favorite part: "Jesus can you show me just how far the east is from the west cause I can't bare to see the man I have been rising up in me again. In the arms of your mercy I find rest. You know just how far the east is from the west. From one scarred hand to the other."

Jesus scarred his hands for us to be free. The east from the west is so far away until you realize Jesus bridged that gap when he died for us. His death and resurrection allows us to cast our sins in the sea and they are forgiven. He doesn't use them against us. Once we ask for forgiveness they are forgotten.

The reason this holds so true for me is I have held a grudge for a while against someone. Now the person would never guess. I am friendly and all but I couldn't forget something that happened a few years back.

This song though has reminded me that I have to forgive just as God has forgiven me. How can I not forgive but expect God to forgive me? I can honestly say I have forgiven. No longer will I hide bitter feelings in my heart because they are gone. I am required to forgive as God has forgiven me and believe it or not it is a wonderful feeling tonight as I have taken yet another painful blistering sore and began to let it heal.

God's life for us is so good!

Matthew 6:14-15 " For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your Heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive me their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins."

No comments: