Thursday, February 14, 2008

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH...

When I was younger my parents would say to me sometimes, "I love you too much to let you mess up your life." That statement would make me so mad.
Now that I am a parent I understand.
Love isn't always about doing the popular thing; it is about doing the right thing.
Love isn't always about sometimes caring; it is about caring all the time.
Love is the greatest human emotion but is also the emotion that causes us the most pain.
Love will make us walk to the ends of the earth for a child but keep us from driving a child across town if we feel it is not a good place to be.
Love doesn't cover up a spouse's irritating behavior, it helps us to see beyond it and see the person we care deeply about.
Love makes us get up at night with a crying baby or stay up all night crying about a teenager who has taken the wrong path.
Love helps us to make the best of a not so good situation for our family.
Love gives us courage to stand up for what we believe in.
Love gives us the strength to go on when we think all of our strength is gone.

Before Blake and I were married we went to my grandparents home for the weekend. My grandmother has since passed away but her words still ring true.
As we were leaving she asked, "Do you really love him?"
I answered honestly, "More than anything."
Her words were wise, "Then you two will be fine as long as you remember how much you love each other."

If I had to do it all over again and walk the same road I have walked for the past 17 years would I be willing to go through all the heartache, bad days, bad nights, long days and nights, worrying about children, about each other and disagreements?

The answer is YES. Our love has grown stronger. Our love has brought three children into this world and added three more to our family. Our love has helped us grown as a family. Our love has been the one constant in a changing world.

Grandma was right. As long as you remember how much you love each other you can't go wrong.

No comments: