Monday, May 12, 2008

MY MOTHER'S DAY

I can't believe I forgot to tell you about my Mother's Day. It was a wonderful day.

Saturday night Sam went to a friend's house to spend the night but left a hand-made card on my bed. It was so cute. I loved it. He drew a picture of the two of us.

On Sunday I am ashamed to say we did not make it to church. We tried but for some reason everything went against us. Finally when we realized we would be extremely late, we decided to stay home. Blake suggested I take a nap and that is what I did. It was wonderful!

The day was rainy, dreary and cold and made for perfect sleeping weather. I dozed off and on for about an hour. Since we had all had a shower earlier in the morning I then watched cartoons with Sam, Marvin and Anabeli while Blake went to the hospital. Ann was upstairs in her bed with a cold.

We managed to make it to lunch with the family pretty much on time.

As I sat there I couldn't help but think of a time when we were all kids. Now we are the ones with kids. I am a 40-something mom of 6, Sandra a 30-something mom of 3 and Vic a middle 20's mom of Brandon. How time flies.

It is also wonderful to sit at a table with my mother and two sisters and their families and know we are all within three miles of each other. By the way if you ask my mother she will be glad to tell you she is only 39.

Our children have grown up together and know each other well. It is something special to have your family to close. I thank God for this special privilege.

After lunch we went home and hung out for a while before going to get ice cream.

All in all it was a great day but I sure did miss two of my boys, Jake in Guatemala and Jesse in Washington DC for a school trip.

He came back at 5 AM this morning exhausted but he sure did have fun.

God has been good to me and has blessed me with a wonderful husband and six beautiful, healthy children. Thank you God for your blessings and love.

No comments: