Wednesday, May 7, 2008

ANOTHER RANT IS NEEDED

I am so upset. We are scheduled to leave on vacation mid June. We scheduled early in the summer because we are working around Ann's tennis schedule, Sam's football schedule and possibly Jesse's football schedule.

Jake's Birth Certificate still has not been approved by RENAP. Now from what I understand we have had the BC forever but this new group called RENAP is now in charge of approving them.

So it has been there for so long the paper is almost yellowing and it is still not done. RENAP is not releasing things as quickly as they should. Imagine that. A Guatemalan office not working up to speed. That has got to be a first. HA!

I am trying to keep my head on straight but I am about ready to blow. If things don't move soon Jake won't be home for vacation with us. When we get back Blake will have so much work backed up he will work later than usual and bonding will be hard.

This vaction was supposed to help everyone bond. It was supposed to give us all time to hang out together and get to know each other.

I am not sure why we are even in RENAP since we were grandfathered in under the old rules and RENAP is a new rule. Guatemala tends to start these offices and then realizes they didn't provide funding and needs to close them while they gather some money to reopen.

So here I sit really stressing today. The countdown is getting closer. I NEED this to move.

Once again I am stressing and telling God what I need, not accepting what HE knows is best and will happen. Why does this whole acceptance thing have to be so hard? Why can't he just email me a schedule of the dates and times of the rest of the adoption timeframe? I PROMISE I will still trust him. I just need to know who this will turn out.

I remembered this scripture from a long time ago in middle school. It is interesting to me at this moment because it mentions the name of Jacob. Pretty cool right now. But it is still hard to wait.

Isaiah 8:17 " I will wait for the Lord, who is hiding his face from the house of Jacob. I will put my trust in Him."

1 comment:

Amy said...

Oh Cindi- I am so sorry. I know how frustrating this is. There is just no rhyme or reason to the system right now in Guatemala and my heart breaks for you and all of the other waiting families. Praying for you~ Amy

"Praise be to... the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. " 2 Corinthians 1:3-4