Tuesday, September 23, 2008

RACIAL DIVERSITY

Marvin just told me about his "new best friend" at church.
"He is cool mom. He doesn't look like you. He doesn't look like me. Well he sorta looks like me. "
I had to laugh. His best friend is a Korean adoptee.
It made me think about our church. We have Caucasians, African Americans, Hispanic and biracial families attending.
We have adoptees from Guatemala (mine), Japan, Korea and a few children in the US foster care system.
It is so cool to have such racial diversity worshipping together. One thing that concerned me about my Guatlings was if they would feel out of place with their "brown biscuit skin".
When you go to church and see so many different nationalities represented how could you even begin to feel out of place?
I thank God for the opportunity to attend such a diverse church that understands the meaning of adoption and helping others.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Amen! Nothing better and I love it! :0) Amy