Monday, September 15, 2008

MARVIN

Marvin has been full of information today. This boy is changing so much. He is starting to act more like a little boy with a mischievous grin and wry sense of humor.

At lunch he asked what we were having for supper. I said, "I don't know I need to go check the freezer. Is there something that sounds good to you?"

"Yeah. I want cheese rats-knees-o-lee and that stinky bread you make in the oven."

Now I know the stinky bread is garlic bread his new favorite but the other thing had me stumped. I asked him to repeat it several times and it sounded the same way each time.

Finally I figured out what we are having for supper salad, garlic bread and CHEESE RAVIOLI!!!

Yesterday was my second day of teaching worship and I am loving it. We talked about Adam and Eve and how God makes us all different but we are also special in our own way.

To prove this every child received a black rock they needed to look at and tell what made their rock so special. It was a great object lesson and the kids were able to keep the rock.

Marvin's was on the floor today and he saw and and picked up his "special rock". He told me how much he liked it etc.

So I asked him why he got the rock.

"I don't know."

"Well what did I tell you about the rock? What was our story about? How is that rock like you? blah blah blah."

All the questions received the same answer. "I don't know."

Finally he got bored and said to me. "Mom I don't know. You should know. You were the teacher. You gave it to me. "

Next week we will work on listening better to the meaning of the story. :) :)

No comments: