Tuesday, July 29, 2008

THE MIRACLE OF JACOB

I am so sorry I have been MIA lately on this blog but things since we came home have not always been good. We are super busy.
I have debated if we should tell our story of Jacob since we received him 16 days ago. We have come to the conclusion our story serves as two things- 1- As a reminder to potential parents to be careful with your expectations and even your updates when you go to Guatemala for pick up and 2- to glorify God in the miracle of our son Jacob.
His story has changed my heart and changed my life.
Never again will I allow myself to become fearful and worry when I have turned something over to God. When I turn something over, I have learned to leave it in His hands. I promise to never forget God's working and his love in this adoption. I never want to take His miracles by casual thanks again. He is a great God who took a poor little boy and through him worked a miracle beyond my wildest dreams.
We came home with a sense of hope and trust in God that was not there before. We learned as a couple to pour our hearts out before God and to trust Him to work his perfect will even in a terrible situation with no light in sight.
Jake is God's gift to us.
Even with all the hurt, pain, suffering and confusion I would not give up the lesson I learned or my son for anything thing in this world.
Tomorrow I will start with our first meeting Sunday night. If you are adopting and an anxious parent, please think twice before reading about our pick up trip and the new life of our son.
Oh and stay tuned for the pictures of my little sweetie.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Praying for you and your miracle Jacob. ((HUGS)) Amy

Anonymous said...

Glad to see your post. Continuing to pray for Jacob, you and the entire family.

Mary Ann said...

I have been checking your blog daily waiting to hear you all are home safe and sound! I can't wait to see pictures! I will be praying for your though because when we brought Lilee home at 17 1/2 mo. old it was a little rough for a while. But it got better day by day until now she is just one of the family!