Monday, October 5, 2009

TAKING TIME

Today I went to the bottom of the driveway to wait on Jake's bus. Just me. All alone.
As I turned off the car, the radio went off and I experienced the most beautiful sounds.
God has given us a symphony of sound but we are often to noisy and too busy to hear.

As I sat there and heard the birds sing, the wind blow and the crickets chirp I heard something else, the silence of peace.

God has created this beautiful song. It is restful and uplifting. It is majestic and simple. It is His creation for us to enjoy.

All the stress of the last week slowly disappeared. As it was quiet I prayed, really prayed without the interference of children, tv or unnatural noise.

By the time the bus arrived I was refreshed and ready to take on the afternoon. Never could I have guessed the small gift of silence God gave me today would be as restful as a good night's sleep.

We need to stop. Turn off the noise around us and enjoy the symphony God and His world provides for us.

No comments: